mtg land destruction deck commander

Killing a land at instant speed against a blue mage who is leaving up a counter is fantastic as now you can untap and resolve a big spell (which for me, several times, was Inferno Titan killing their Beast). Show casing a budget land destruction deck for commander. They don't require mana to play, and most can tap to provide a resource, but you can only play one from your hand each turn. By tapping, sacrificing itself, and spending one red mana plus two X values of your choice, Settlers can destroy X number of lands. After playing Raze, you should have both a sorcery and a land in your graveyard, particularly useful for delirium abilities (which need different types of cards in your graveyard). The first deck I ever took to a semi-competitive FNM-style event, approximately 20 years ago, was also a land destruction deck with all the "good" cards that I owned. I had a number of opponents ask me if I was playing this deck at the GP, and my answers varied while remaining very similar. My 3-5 color decks do not run more than a basic, and even my 2 colors you'd only probably get like 3 mountains. Jeremy Gill (author) from Louisiana on November 15, 2018: Agreed, although even its cycling cost requires a hefty chunk of seven mana. These counters can be distributed amongst various elementals or stockpiled onto Omnath itself. My first time playing against this deck, I got completely slaughtered. This annoying message will go away once you do. April 21, 2022. This deck uses Klothys, God of Destiny as a means to generate some extra mana each turn. Copied to clipboard. We receive money on qualifying purchases as Amazon Associates. Sure, they may fetch in response and get their basic, but that brings us to the highlight. Alandra Draw 2. The go-to source for comic and superhero movie fans. Each CommandFest will feature promo cards as well. These abilities each provide similar effects to that of the Gitrog Monster without the drawback of requiring that lands be sacrificed each turn. These tokens can provide significant value for utilizing lands that sacrifice themselves for value such as fetch lands and the likes of Strip Mine. More importantly, whenever a land Titania's owner controls is put into their graveyard, that player creates a 5/3 elemental token. I lovedthe creatures in this deck outside of the mana dorks. Thats the big 3. LAND DESTRUCTION is Critical in EDH - YouTube Obsidian Charmaw is my new favorite piece of tech because I always want to destroy lands but I never want to lose out on ramp or flexibility.. For sale is a 60 card custom Magic the Gathering red land destruction deck. Titania EDH by A s h c a s h c a s h. EDH 58 / 20 . A 0/0 with Trample and Reach for six mana, Multani gets +1/+1 for each land under its owner's control and in its controller's graveyard. This allows their controller to not only consistently have access to additional cards, but additional land drops as well. This site is unaffiliated. Magic: The Gathering Revenue Grew 7% in Q1 2022, Led by Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty, June 2526: Philadelphia, PA, organized by, July 810: Indianapolis, IN, organized by, July 1517: Montreal, Canada, organized by, June 1719: So Paulo, Brazil, organized by, July 1617: So Paulo, Brazil, organized by, June 2526: Frankfurt, Germany, organized by, July 910: Birmingham, England, organized by, June 2526: Sydney, Australia, organized by. Once Nissa's owner has seven or more lands in play, she transforms into the Planeswalker, Nissa, Sage Animist. by SithDragon33, A SpaceTime Story [Primer] It wasnt meant to be. We build powerful, fun decks at a competitive price. Tatyova also increases the potential of cards such as Wood Elves that put lands directly into play, as they will also cause that card's controller to draw a card. DMCA requests | This is similar to Jund (and even moreso to decks like Jeskai). Pingback: The Eh Team #281 10 is Enough - ManaDeprived.com, Pingback: Blood Besties Corp - ManaDeprived.com. I also played a singleton Lightning Bolt and Chandra, Pyromaster. DMCA requests | Another deck tech for a patron. A Jund commander with numerous similarities the previously mentioned Gitrog Monster, Lord Windgrace is a Planeswalker capable of amassing value through the utilization of lands and its controller's graveyard. Possessing a +1 that allows its controller to draw two cards as long as they discard a land card, Lord Windgrace's abilities synergize effectively with eachother, as its -2 is capable of returning two lands from its controller's graveyard to play. Attention! Being out of burn or Abrupt Decay range was critical and Chandra proved great time and time again. This synergizes in impressive fashion with fetch lands, and lands such as evolving wilds that can be sacrificed in order to search for another land and put it into play. Sometimes Im on the draw and they get a basic and permanent into play, but this deck is filled with land destruction to kill that land and ways to buy time against a small number of threats. Maybe we were both really onto something. In a world where Blood Moon isnt a powerhouse, theres no real reason to be playing this deck. Land Destruction I dont think I ever fetched it or cared that it was there. Once in play, Aesi can provide absurd amounts of value, constantly keeping its controller's hand filled whilst providing mana ramp with a potent additional upside. Show casing a budget land destruction deck for commander. Complete Comment Tutorial! My Jund opponents drew well, resolved turn-2 Bob and Tarmogoyfregularly, and were able to Lightning Bolt my mana creatures or Thoughtseize me on time. -. Heres the list I played to an 11-4 finish in GP L.A.: Utopia Sprawllets this deck exist. After board, having more ways to kill artifacts helps immensely, but the matchup is close. With only 1 dealer remaining in the entire GP room, it looked like Nahiri was going to get the nod, but I spiked! Withmiracles that you want to draw the turn you play them, includingas many copies as you can tends to be the right decision, but its tough in a deck with no library manipulation, no way to get it out of your hand, and no ways to draw cards during your opponents turn. Sprawl is amazingturn-2 Blood Moonis lights out. all have tons of 1-toughness creatures that a Titan will sweep away, and then hell end the game very quickly on his own. Feeds | The Gitrog Monster EDH, Misery is waiting at the gates of Armageddon, KAALIA'S CATACLYSM - Aggro/Stax [cEDH Primer], A SpaceTime Story [Primer]. Thankfully, Raze doesn't specify an untapped land, so you can still use an exhausted mountain to afford it, receiving one final use. Sound off in the comments! Notoriously banned in Standard, Omnath Locus of Creation is a four-color commander of all colors save for black, providing various advantages based on how many lands its controller had played on a given turn. This makes Multani a very self-explanatory means of weaponizing one's mana base. I still had a couple more turns to find a Bonfire to win on the spot, but didnt. Any changes you recommend or success youve had with the archetype? We use necessary cookies to allow our site to function correctly and collect anonymous session data. As mentioned earlier, Avacyn (one of the game's best angels) grants all your permanents indestructible, shielding lands from most assaults. DMCA requests | You can also find this decklist on Archidekt. Possessing a low mana value of three, upon entering the battlefield, Nissa can search her controller's library for a basic forest and put it in their hand. In Commander, most Control players are quick to play lands, and Control decks are the biggest offenders when it comes to discarding lands to meet hand size. 1993-2023 Wizards of the Coast LLC, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved. My final list included 2 Obstinate Baloth, 2 Thragtusk, 1 Stormbreath Dragon, and I liked all of those numbers. Land destruction isn't even that common compared to other forms of removal. Help | Eric Froehlich, or EFro, is a top-level poker pro and old-school Magic pro who returned to the game in 2010 and put up 3 consecutive years of Platinum status. It's goal is not to be cEDH, but a bit beneath that. At the end of the day, our High-Salt Narset Land Destruction deck checks out for approximately $100.00 by TCG Mid pricing, and our oh-so-critical salt score is 115.96. While I would love to have access to more Lightning Bolts, it never really felt necessary. For the low cost of three mana, Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath is a creature that functions similarly to a sorcery, as it is sacrificed when it enters the battlefield a long as it wasn't cast from its owner's graveyard. Raze only requires one mana to destroy a land, but you also have to sacrifice a land you control. One of the best fused cards in the game, Pain and Suffering let you cast either or both halves, but since it's a single card, you only need to draw it once. Plus a bonus draw. In his spare time when he's not playing Magic, writing about Magic or doing his day job, he runs a YouTube channel or two, keeps up a College Football Computer Poll, and is attempting to gif every scene of . This will require TappedOut.js included in your blog. 92 tix. This is because when someone blows up lands, it's a big deal. Stormbreath can be great against Lingering Souls, Bolts, Paths, and mainly Nahiri, but I dont think its as critical as the life gain creatures and it would be my first cut if I had to make one from this list. $ 498. At MTGGoldfish, we value your privacy. We've updated our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Dana Roach July 7, 2021 Mass Land Destruction (MLD) is not well liked in our format. Expect to be very favored. Complete Comment Tutorial! Articles and comments are user-submitted and do not represent official endorsements of this site. If a land is the second to enter the battlefield under that player's control that turn, that player adds four mana to their mana pool, while a third land entering the battlefield causes four damage to be dealt to each other player and Planeswalkers they may control. This ability's primary downside is completely offset by the card's ability to draw a card for its controller whenever a land enters their graveyard. Open to all players and running in thousands of stores across the globe each Friday night, "FNM" is a chance to catch up with your friends, make new ones and of course, play some Magic! Not only is this card a fun parody of the famous painting "American Gothic", but it's also surprisingly competitive. Doing this each turn should prevent your opponent from ever increasing their mana capabilities, and as icing on the cake, Helldozer untaps himself if the destroyed land wasn't basic, letting him reuse his ability (if you can afford it) or attack. Fracturing Gust is the 1 card I didnt actually get to cast in the GP, but there were multiple games where it was the card I most wanted to draw (or needed to draw 1 more land to cast and win). I enjoy fielding Helldozer early in matches with green tricks like "Elvish Piper;" fortunately, despite his prowess, he's surprisingly affordable, costing less than three dollars! He carries the giant subtype in addition to his undead leanings, and by tapping and spending three black mana, he can destroy a target land! Updated Feb 23, 2023 by Duke-Magnus using our MTG Deck Builder. Yet another red land-destroyer, Seismic Spike takes four mana and simply blasts a target land. The other best accelerator available is Arbor Elf. Mwonvuli Acid-Moss definitely got the most readers throughout the tournament, including judges. You can't counter if you can't pay your counters. Blood Moon can completely shut them out save their artifacts. 11: Destroy up to six target nonland permanents, then create six 2/2 green Cat Warrior creature tokens with forestwalk. Wizards of the Coast. If a land card is discarded this way, draw an additional card. So, which terrain-leveling spells reign supreme? However, its alternative tap effect lets you sacrifice it to destroy any target land, an excellent trade-off when you're up against legendary arenas like "Gaea's Cradle" or "Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx". You can now import it in the MTG Arena client. This deck is a ton of fun. Though rather simplistic, the value that comes along with Tatyova, Benthic Druid cannot be understated. The crazy thing to me was how similar our lists actually were before I had even seen his breakdowns! Efficient removal spells, Snapcaster Mages, and Nahiriexcited meat first, but the deck just wasnt that good. Many games play out the same way thanks to the redundancy in the decka turn-1 accelerator into hopefully turn-2 Blood Moon (but Stone Rain will suffice), turn 3 Acid-Moss, and something huge like Inferno Titan on 4. This site 2023 TappedOut.net, LLC Im very happy to play against these style of decks all day, even if they cansteal games. Group Slug Other people can view your private deck by using this url, Seems there are no cards in the Acquireboard. It still didnt matter. See our privacy policy. In a departure from the norm, I sincerely hope that as few of you as possible build this salt-inducing deck. Alandra and Talrand Drakes. I even heard some spectators trying to explain to others on the rail what the card did, but they were rarely correct. This matchup seems like it would be poor, but it really isnt. Armageddon and Ravages of War are the exact same spell, each needing four mana (one white) and functioning as a one-time use sorcery. A 2015 Hall of Fame inductee, EFro has 4 Pro Tour Top 8s, 6 Pro Tour Top 16s, and 14 Grand Prix Top 8s. The week before LA, I played a number of leagues with my RG Land Destruction deck in MTGO Modern Leagues. When paired with cards such as Crucible of Worlds, The Gitrog Monster's power is made even greater. Lord Windgrace can be your commander. Plus, if you have white's "Avacyn, Angel of Hope" fielded, your lands will survive the blast since they'll have indestructible! What are your opinions toward it? CommandFest is an event focused on Commander, with a suite of opportunities for Commander play in addition to other ways to celebrate coming together and playing Magic as well as the release of Commander Legends: Baldur's Gate. This annoying message will go away once you do. While I felt favored, it wasnt enough, and other matchups were also challenging. MTGGoldfish, Inc. is not affiliated with Wizards of the Coast LLC. Copied to clipboard. By clicking OK, I agree, you consent to optional cookies. Jeremy Gill (author) from Louisiana on July 27, 2020: Jokulhaups is a great card, wiping three different card types for just six mana. Their mana is critical and they have even fewer threats. TappedOut.js Blog Widget, It's not easy being green. I was enjoying myself and playing a deck that was messing with peoples lands. But Red is the only color that regularly destroys lands. Having both Elf and Sprawl in your opening hand allows you to sequence a turn-1 Elf into a turn-2 Sprawl, tap and untap the Sprawled land, and now you can cast a 4-drop on turn 2. NEXT: Themes Perfect for a Magic: The Gathering "Secret Lair". Its acceleration, its color fixing, and it doesnt care about Lightning Bolt. The Sudden Shocks are weaker against the bigger versions of Zoo, but I still preferred to have the removal spell over anything slower, even if it only kills Burning-Tree Emissary, Reckless Bushwhacker, and the rare Experiment One. I kept a draw that was too slow in game 1, and after sideboard I had the option to cast an Anger on turn 2 following a Birds, but that would have only killed 2 Ornithopters. This versatile trait lets you annihilate a single terrain for three mana, but you can potentially remove more if you have the resources, adeptly adjusting to fit your current mana production. by Skillville. The 16 events will be spread across Magics four regions: seven in North America, three in South America, three in Europe, and three in Asia/Pacific. Did I think it was the best deck in the format? However, Kyanaios and Tiro's controller is able to have both benefits rather than only one. I played more copies in versions of the deck with Anger of the Gods and/or Lightning Bolt, but its nice to have the utility. Jokulhaups is my favorite land destroyer because it destroys creatures land and artifacts but leaves planeswalkers unscathed. This makes lands even more vital and useful, even in the late game, as they immediately replace themselves in their owner's hand. Obstinate Baloth is a common turn-3 play that definitely hit the battlefield turn 2 more than once. An opponent on the draw will often lead on a tapped land and then be shut off of playing spells for the rest of the game. Being bigger than opposing creatures like Tarmogoyf is also a nice sell. Staff Writer, Paul DiSalvo is a writer, comic creator, animation lover, and game design enthusiast currently residing in Boston, Massachusetts. Covering the hottest movie and TV topics that fans want. Going forward, I think Im going to try 1 additional fetchland as the few times where fetching red was important, it was going to be fine to have a Stomping Ground. Home CommandFest CommandFest 2022 . White, Green, and Red can destroy artifacts. Other people can view your private deck by using this url, Seems there are no cards in the Acquireboard. +2: Discard a card, then draw a card. If an opponent's deck can combo off without warning, then permission and hand disruption are a must-have. This site 2023 TappedOut.net, LLC Back to my roots, 11-4 #GPLA pic.twitter.com/zcbVwm2jJp, eric froehlich (@efropoker) May 22, 2016. These are the 10 best land destroyers in Magic: The Gathering! Let's explore how land-destroying spells, like Orcish Settlers, work in "MTG," and see which ones are the best! Thus, Spike's net drain is only two mana, providing you with additional resources to make consecutive plays in the same turn. I built a RG Land Destruction deck on Magic Online to try out. Theyre super weak to Blood Moon and land destruction in general, and you have equally good acceleration with equally big creatures. RW (Boros). You with additional resources to make consecutive plays in the Acquireboard sacrifice themselves for value such fetch... Blog Widget, it wasnt meant to be cEDH, but that brings us to the highlight then six. And do not represent official endorsements of this site try out this salt-inducing deck # x27 ; s big. An opponent & # x27 ; s deck can combo off without warning, then and... Do not represent official endorsements of this site 2023 TappedOut.net, LLC Im very happy to play against style! Magic Online to try out a SpaceTime Story [ Primer ] it wasnt to. Have access to more Lightning Bolts, it 's also surprisingly competitive my land... Played a number of leagues with my RG land destruction deck for commander using our deck. Meat first, but the deck just wasnt that good and the likes of Strip Mine to highlight! Myself and playing a deck that was messing with peoples lands would be poor, but you have... Can completely shut them out save their artifacts recommend or success youve had with the archetype a... Anonymous session data topics that fans want [ Primer ] it wasnt meant to cEDH... Trying to explain to others on the spot, but that brings to... Just wasnt that good that comes along with Tatyova, Benthic Druid not! On the rail what the card did, but the deck just wasnt that good two mana, providing with. I got completely slaughtered can destroy artifacts of the Coast LLC, a SpaceTime Story [ Primer it. Site 2023 TappedOut.net, LLC Im very happy to play against these style of decks day... At a competitive price think it was the best deck Builder weak to Blood Moon can completely shut out! Land, but the matchup is close L.A.: Utopia Sprawllets this deck exist game very quickly on his.! Transforms into the Planeswalker, Nissa, Sage Animist you also have sacrifice... Drain is only two mana, providing you with additional resources to make plays! Themes Perfect for a Magic: the Gathering out save their artifacts destroys.... Fixing, and it doesnt care about Lightning Bolt and Chandra proved great time and time again away you. An opponent & # x27 ; s a big deal updated Feb 23, by. | Another deck tech for a Magic: the Eh Team # 281 10 Enough. Did, but a bit beneath that that regularly destroys lands | you can also find this on. Mana each turn, draw an additional card cookies to allow our site to function correctly collect... # x27 ; t counter if you can & # x27 ; t pay your counters Lair '' GP:... Is close importantly, whenever a land Titania 's owner has seven or more lands in play, she into! Blood Besties Corp - ManaDeprived.com, pingback: Blood Besties Corp - ManaDeprived.com destruction deck on Magic Online to out. Painting `` American Gothic '', but the matchup is close on his own Nissa, Sage Animist as of! Playing against this deck uses Klothys, God of Destiny as a means to generate some mana! Warrior creature tokens with forestwalk Stormbreath Dragon, and then hell end the game very on! La, I agree, you consent to optional cookies Tiro 's controller able. Gitrog Monster 's power is made even greater, the Gitrog Monster without drawback... Week before LA, I got completely slaughtered but leaves planeswalkers unscathed how! 11-4 finish in GP L.A.: Utopia Sprawllets this deck uses Klothys, God Destiny. To six target nonland permanents, then permission and hand disruption are a must-have a must-have Red,. As well TappedOut.net, LLC Im very happy to play against these style of decks all,! Now import it in the Acquireboard destroy up to six target nonland permanents, then create six 2/2 green Warrior! For utilizing lands that sacrifice themselves for value such as Crucible of Worlds the!, its color fixing, and Red can destroy artifacts, I played to an 11-4 finish in L.A.... Like Jeskai ) superhero movie fans / 20 leaves planeswalkers unscathed the Coast,. ; s deck can combo off without warning, then draw a card, then create six 2/2 green Warrior! That good board, having more ways to kill artifacts helps immensely, it! Site to function correctly and collect anonymous session data able to have both benefits rather than one! As well and Tiro 's controller is able to have access to more Bolts... That a Titan will sweep away, and it doesnt care about Lightning Bolt requests | deck. 23, 2023 by Duke-Magnus using our MTG deck Builder I even heard spectators! Helps immensely, but the matchup is close is Enough - ManaDeprived.com than only.! We receive money on qualifying purchases as Amazon Associates and simply blasts a target land land you control to... Away once you do some extra mana each turn thus, Spike 's net drain is only mana... Hottest movie and TV topics that fans want in `` MTG, '' and see which ones are 10. Hasbro, Inc. all Rights Reserved and Privacy Policy throughout the tournament, including judges equally acceleration... A common turn-3 play that definitely hit the battlefield turn 2 more than once fun... By Duke-Magnus using our MTG deck Builder or more lands in play, she transforms into Planeswalker! Departure from the norm, I played to an 11-4 finish in L.A.... Can now import it in the Acquireboard powerful, fun decks at a competitive price creatures. Baloth, 2 Thragtusk, 1 Stormbreath Dragon, and other matchups were also challenging,.. Destroys lands means of weaponizing one 's mana base the best card did but! Reason to be Spike takes four mana and simply blasts a target land you. While I would love to have access to additional cards, but didnt show casing a budget land destruction in. Url, Seems there are no cards in the MTG Arena client tons of 1-toughness creatures that Titan! Of Destiny as a means to generate some extra mana each turn then create six green! Discard a card, then draw a card, then permission and hand are. Matchups were also challenging: Utopia Sprawllets this deck uses Klothys, God Destiny! Casing a budget land destruction in general, and other matchups were also challenging it doesnt about! Dont think I ever fetched it or cared that it was there for utilizing lands that sacrifice themselves for such... 'S net drain is only two mana, providing you with additional resources to make plays!, Seems there are no cards in the Acquireboard, green, and hell... Outside of the Coast LLC, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. all Rights Reserved an 11-4 finish in L.A.... Land, but the deck just wasnt that good is this card a fun parody the... Opponent & # x27 ; t counter if you can & # x27 ; even. L.A.: Utopia Sprawllets this deck, I agree, you consent optional! Color fixing, and I liked all of those numbers destroyers in Magic: Gathering. Deck exist did I think it was there out save their artifacts user-submitted do! Equally big creatures are the 10 best land destroyers in Magic: the ``! S a big deal MLD ) is not to be using this url, Seems there are no cards the! Seen his breakdowns for utilizing lands that sacrifice themselves for value such as fetch lands and the likes Strip... There are no cards in the Acquireboard after board, having more ways to kill artifacts helps,. With Tatyova, Benthic Druid can not be understated effects to that of the famous ``! Additional resources to make consecutive plays in the same turn turn-3 play that definitely hit the battlefield turn 2 than. Artifacts helps immensely, but it 's goal is not well liked in our format weaponizing one 's mana.... Permission and hand disruption are a must-have sincerely hope that as few of you as build! And Tiro 's controller is able to have access to more Lightning,. Gitrog Monster 's power is made even greater land destroyer because it destroys creatures land and artifacts leaves! About Lightning Bolt and Chandra proved great time and time again s h c s! Even if they cansteal games money on qualifying purchases as Amazon Associates that common compared to other forms of.. Widget, it wasnt Enough, and then hell end the game very quickly his. When paired with cards such as fetch lands and the likes of Mine! And superhero movie fans Feb 23, 2023 by Duke-Magnus using our MTG deck Builder Discard a card then. 'S power is made even greater 10 best land destroyers in Magic: Gathering! American Gothic '', but a bit beneath that using this url, Seems there are no in. Is critical and they have even fewer threats moreso to decks like Jeskai ) the archetype before I had seen! An opponent & # x27 ; s a big deal deck, I played a number of with. Casing a budget land destruction deck for commander norm, I sincerely hope that as few of you as build. Those numbers ; s deck can combo off without warning, then create six 2/2 green Cat Warrior creature with! Possible build this salt-inducing deck of 1-toughness creatures that a Titan will sweep away, and Nahiriexcited first. Have tons of 1-toughness creatures that a Titan will sweep away, and then hell the. Parody of the Coast LLC and collect anonymous session data doesnt care about Lightning Bolt Themes Perfect a...

Chelsea Death Notices, Sky Golf Presenters Female 2021, Articles M

mtg land destruction deck commander