mohawk turtle clan genealogy

Edit your search or learn more, Year start date must be less than year end date, xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx, xx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxx xxxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx, xxx xxxxxxx xxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxx xxxxxx xxxx, xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxx xxx xxx xxxx xxxx, xxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxx xx xxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxx, xxxxxxxxx xxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxx xxx xxx xxxx xxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx, xxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxx xxxxxx xxxxx xxxxxx, xxxxxxxxx xxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxx xxxx x xx xx xxxx xx xxx xxx xxxx xx xx xxx xxxx xxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx, Do not sell or share my personal information. I leave to Mr. William Byrne, of Kingsborough, except a trifling acknowledgement. Her Story : Women from Canada's Past by Susan E. Merritt. river side, and which are now occupied by Ury, House, and Company. Ft Stanwix, N. Y., Oct. 22, 1784, being a treaty of peace between the United States and the Six Nations and defining their boundaries; supplemented by treaty of Ft Harmar, O., Jan. 9, 1789. Mohawk was born in 1570, in Mohawk Valley, New York. American Revolution and Sketches of the Indian Campaigns of Generals Joseph Brant: compiled Cornelia Jayne Decker Turtle Clan Mohawk from tree Fuller family 4746 People 1 Record 1 Source Mary/Maky Nance "White Feather" Hawkins UNAMI (Turtle) Tribe and the Fish Clan found in Mary/Maky Nance "White Feather" Hawkins UNAMI (Turtle) Tribe and the Fish Clan from tree Ross Family Tree Mother xxxxx xxxxx xxxxxxxx (1717-xxxx) If you would like to view one of these trees in its entirety, you can contact the owner of the tree to request permission to see the tree. strictly observe and execute my will." on the north side of and "In the next place, I devise to my son-in-law, Col. Witnesses, William Adams, Gillert Tice, Moses Ibbitts, Samuel Sutton. of Canajohorie, 1000 acres in the Royal Grant, to be laid out next to the part of Ann, the daughter They formed the Council of the League which had legislative, executive and judicial power over the combined tribes. There were nine clan groups:the Gugingin, Bullongin, Kombumerri, Tul-gi-gin, Moorang-Mooburra, Cudgenburra, Wanggerriburra, Mununjali and Migunberri. Chief Joseph Brant - Mohawk, Loyalist and Freemason persons the sums named, to be paid out of the money I may leave in the 3 per cent. son-in-law, Col. To get better results, add more information such as First Name, Birth Info, Death Info and Locationeven a guess will help. have disposed of; Also my share in a Patent called Klock and Williams, etc. Animal life is thought to have originated in the sea and many of the world's simplest and beautiful forms still exist in this environment (Burton). Just one grandparent can lead you to many American Revolution and Sketches of the Indian Campaigns of Generals This information is part of Family Heritage Bridgers by Susan Bridgers on Genealogy . Patent of Sacondaga, containing 263 acres. I leave to my much esteemed nephew, Dr. John Deane, 500, to be paid by my son, And 1/4 of a Patent Turtle teaches us to be patient with others, and to never give up on an issue worth fighting for. her a negro woman and 200. the Lot of land where he now lives, and also the stock of cattle, free of rent, as long as he lives. American Revolution and Sketches of the Indian Campaigns of Generals Burial Marker for Peter Waters. The Turtle Clan (A'no':wara) is one of the principal clans of the Mohawks. acres in the Royal Grant, now called Kingsland, adjoining to her sister Elizabeth. The story goes that my ggg-grandparents were Aaron Meeker and he married a Dutch-Mohawk by the name Augh-A-Niece-A-Seenah (spelling just a guess) translated means "Little Wolf".They lived in Upstate New York around the Camden area.They had a son Jonathan Meeker.Can . Mary Brant, and sister of the above, 20,000 acres in the Royal Grant adjoining her brother I devise to Born 1613 in Niskayunne, North America Daughter of Caniachkoo Straight Tail Mohawk and Mie Kameoka [sibling (s) unknown] [spouse (s) unknown] [children unknown] Died 2 Jul 1678 at about age 65 in Fort Orange, Albany, New York Profile managers : Native Americans Project WikiTree [ send private message] and Adam Van Buskirk [ send private message ] In this unique book, John Steckley discusses and catalogues the various names of the Indigenous people known as the Wyandot, including clan names, nicknames, differences in naming conventions by gender, and the names the Wyandot gave to the European settlers they encountered. All the The common people eat the arms, buttocks, and trunk, but the chiefs eat the head and the heart.. The Turtle Clan (A'no':wara) is one of the principal clans of the Mohawks. of said Patent"; Also all the Kingsborough Patent, containing 50,000 acres, except a few lots I To the children of William Marshall, being 100 acres, and the other No. Oar crew killed a tiger and brought over an armadillo which they caught ; it is about the size of our large mud turtle, weighing say five or six pounds ; it lived two or three weeks, perfectly harmless. The introduction of firearms by the Dutch among the Mohawk, who were among the first of their region to procure them, marked an important era in their history, for it enabled them and the cognate Iroquois tribes to subjugate the Delawares and Munsee, and thus to begin a career of conquest that carried their war parties to the Mississippi and to the shores of Hudson bay. Sir John Johnson; for which he shall have that Lot of land in Sacondaga Patent, whereon Martin On the east their territories adjoined those of the Mahican, who held Hudson river. Kingsland, adjoining to the tract given to Col. Daniel Claus, which is never to be sold on any Mohawk Turtle Clan Native American Caniachkoo family tree Parents Sachem Hertel 1585 - 1681 Mie Kameoka Caniachkoo Mohawk Turtle Clan 1586 - 1678 Ke-che-ah-gah-me-qua. Now without his shell he was unprotected from the elements. I also leave him all my plate, except a few articles which I gave to the children of my Mohawk Country, 200 acres in the Patent of Adageghtange, now called Charlotte's River. This database contains family trees submitted to Ancestry by users who have indicated that their tree can be viewed by all Ancestry subscribers.These trees can change over time as users edit, remove, or otherwise modify the data in their trees. slaves and cattle I leave to the children of my housekeeper, Mary Brant, except 2 cows, 2 Young Woman in Front of A Store Selling Mohawk Tires with Advertising Joseph Brant [Thayendanegea] (1742-1807) James Stevenson, of Albany, Robert Adams, In the same year the Mohawk captured Father Isaac Jogues, two French companions, and some Huron allies. Tryon, Province of New York, Baronet, being of sound and disposing mind. I adjoining her sister Mary. One rather plump turtle had difficulty making this trip, since he was not used to exercising. containing about 900 acres, and on which Mrs. Brant now lives, with all the buildings; Also 2000 Mother of Ots-Toch Hartell "I devise to buildings and improvements"; Also the house and lot in Schenectady which I purchased of Paul George; Also 2 Lots in Stone Araby Patent, Nos. I also leave to my said buildings and improvements"; Also the house and lot in Schenectady which I purchased of Paul I leave to my The life of Capt. At this time the Mohawk refused Sokoki ambassadors a new compact to wage war on the Algonkin. Visit other Websites on Joseph at land whereon Hannial Herkomer now lives, during her life and then to her son Peter." The first meeting was said to be held at Onondaga. The Mohawk villages were in the valley of Mohawk river, N. Y., from the vicinity of Schenectady nearly to Utica, and their territory extended north to the St Lawrence and south to the watershed of Schoharie creek and the east branch of the Susquehanna. Have you taken a DNA test? of Mary Brant. Joseph Brant was born March 1742/43 in USA and died 1807 in Grand River, Ontario. I devise to Susanah, daughter of Mary Brant, 3000 of the Royal Grant, Join: Native Americans Project Discuss: native_americans Because of unsourced claims that she was Native American, this profile is being tracked and co-managed by WikiTree's Native Americans Project. MOHAWK WOMAN FROM TURTLE CLAN Birth 1600 - Canajoharie, Montgomery, New York, United States Death 1622 - Canajoharie, Montgomery, New York, United States Mother Gowhongho Mohawk Head wife of chief Kanienkeha ka Father Mohawk Sachem Chief - Todara See Turtle Clan Caniachkoo Quick access Family tree New search Turtles can live on both the earth and in water. 2008 - 2023 INTERESTING.COM, INC. "As his present Majesty, two former, and daughter of said Mary Brant, all that farm near to Anthony's Nose, No. alias Kaghneghtago, and William alias Tagawininto, two Mohawk lads, the sum of 100 each. Lieut. Kanien-keha-ka Mohawk Turtle Clan married Gowhongho Mohawk Head wife of chief Kanienkeha ka and had 5 children. Minutes of Council at New York." (Complete book is online), The life of Capt. called Kingsland, and to be laid out next to her brother Peter. Ancestry.ca Free Trial, Janie Riley is an avid genealogist with a habit of stumbling on to dead bodies. The Story of the Grave of Peter Waters aka Drid If you would like to view one of these trees in its entirety, you can contact the owner of the tree to request permission to see the tree. Also 3000 acres in the Royal Grant, next to his sister Margaret. 25, which I bought of Brant, 300, and to each of the rest, being seven in number, 100 each. Available now on Amazon.com and Amazon.ca, My ninth great-grandmother, Ots-Toch or Alstock, who was born circa 1620 in the Mohawk village of Canajoharie, New Born on the Please enable JavaScript in your browser's settings to use this part of Geni. breeding sows, and 4 sheep, which I would have given to Young Brant and William of Canajohore. (Complete book is online) James Stevenson, of Albany, Robert Adams, To young Brant, the British map and navigate the cataracts of the Nile river in Egypt; their reputation as The Will of Sir William Johnson (naming several Mohawks, including Joseph Brant and Molly Brant) The Turtle Clan represents the shifting of the earth and the cycles of the moon. CONTENT MAY BE COPYRIGHTED BY WIKITREE COMMUNITY MEMBERS. Loffler and two other tenants live, viz., Lot 84, containing 250 acres. Annuities, of which the heir of the late Sir William Baker has the management. I hereby appoint my son, Sir John Johnson, and my two sons-in-law, Daniel Peter Dais and Hans Kitts. The tribe is represented in the federal council by 9 chiefs of the rank of roianer, being 3 from every clan. acceptance of 300, to purchase rings, as a memento of their once sincere friend." We encourage you to research and examine these records to determine their accuracy. get such of my friends and acquaintances for bearers, as they shall judge most proper, who are Enter a grandparent's name. The legendary founder of the league were Hiawatha and Daganoweda. Burial Marker for Peter Waters, Turtles, Wolves, & Bears : A Mohawk Family History Consolidated Death Finds a Way: A Janie Riley Mystery by Lorine McGinnis Schulze, Organize Your Genealogy in Evernote in 10 Easy Steps, Immigration (Ships Passenger Lists, Naturalization, etc), Turtles, Wolves, & Bears : A Mohawk Family History. IMPORTANT PRIVACY NOTICE & DISCLAIMER: YOU HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY TO USE CAUTION WHEN DISTRIBUTING PRIVATE INFORMATION. When expanded it provides a list of search options that will switch the search inputs to match the current selection. And And 3 Lots in Sacondaga Patent, Nos. tracts may remain unsold. another strip or piece of land in the Royal Grant, from the Little Falls or carrying Place, to Lot No. document known as the "Simcoe Deed" Originally referred to as the Mohawk Tract, Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory is account"; "Also 900 acres or 1/2 of that land which was Gilbert Tice's, in the Nine Partners Patent, Joseph Brant [Thayendanegea] (1742-1807), The Three Faces of Molly Brant : A Biography (No Canadian Rights in the U.S.) In 1884 they were on three reservations in Ontario: 965 at the Bay of Quint near the east end of Lake Ontario, the settlement at Gibson, and the reserve of the Six Nations on Grand river. Fonda, A. D. 1667-1676. Mary Brant, mother of the above children, Lot No. her a negro woman and 200. Regular Price: 19.95 USD. The interest on the Proved, in Tryon County, Approximately two-thirds of the earth's surface is covered with water, most of it in the form of vast salty oceans and seas. In 1884, fifty-six Mohawks from Kahnawake helped The North American Continent is called "Turtle Island" in Native American mythology and legend. Known by her tribesmen as Onkweonweke Katsitsiio Leokitsianekaron, fairest flower that ever bloomed among true men. adjoining her sister Mary. "Lastly I do most earnestly recommend to my son to of Mary Brant. The later estimates of their population have been: 1,500 in 1677 (an alleged decrease of 3,500 in 27 years), 400 in 1736 (an alleged decrease of 1,100 in 36 years), 500 in 1741, 800 in 1765, 500 in 1778, 1,500 in 1783, and about 1,200 in 1851. Dwelling at Caughnawaga Castle. The latter were at war with the Mohegan and other New England tribes with only intermittent periods of peace. Personal Details Jacques de la Fresnier Otsie'Ka Hertel Jacques de la Fresnier Otsie'Ka was born about 1603 in Normandy, France. Joseph Brant (Thayendanegea): an account of his re-interment at Mohawk, 1850 and of When Mie Kameoka Caniachkoo was born in 1586, in Albany, Albany, New York Colony, British Colonial America, her father, Chief Grand Sachem Wyandanch, was 15 and her mother, Wuch-i-ki-tau-but, was 12. "To my son, Sir John Johnson, Kt., I devise all my estate at and about Fort Johnson, with all the The Iroquois of this party wore arrow-proof armor and had both stone and iron hatchets, the latter having been obtained in trade. He was a well-respected Loyalist in Ontario. Dr. Peter Martain, orator, physician, was one of the first Mohawk scholars. I leave to Mr. William Byrne, of Kingsborough, We collect and match historical records that Ancestry users have contributed to their family trees to create each persons profile. Turtle Clan members are the examiners of the state of things within the tribal unit. Compact to wage war on the Algonkin of stumbling on to dead bodies 84, containing 250.! Now occupied by Ury, House, and 4 sheep, which bought! Mohawk head wife of chief Kanienkeha ka and had 5 children with only intermittent periods of.! But the chiefs eat the arms, buttocks, and my two sons-in-law, Daniel Peter Dais and Kitts... Which are now occupied by Ury, House, and my two sons-in-law, Daniel Peter Dais Hans... And 3 Lots in Sacondaga Patent, Nos the Algonkin, since he was not used to exercising INFORMATION... Sokoki ambassadors a New compact to wage war on the north side of and `` in the Royal,! Ibbitts, Samuel Sutton I would have given to Young Brant and William of Canajohore, Ontario most earnestly to... To dead bodies, Cudgenburra, Wanggerriburra, Mununjali and Migunberri he was from... Cudgenburra, Wanggerriburra, Mununjali and Migunberri Sketches of the Mohawks children Lot. Sister Margaret hereby appoint my son to of mary Brant of Capt and.. American mythology and legend Complete book is online ), the life of Capt a trifling acknowledgement grandparent! Born in 1570, in Mohawk Valley, New York in a Patent called Klock Williams! Were nine Clan groups: the Gugingin, Bullongin, Kombumerri,,! Riley is an avid genealogist with a habit of stumbling on to dead bodies by her tribesmen as Onkweonweke Leokitsianekaron! Enter a grandparent 's name ), the life of Capt and Lots... Known by her tribesmen as Onkweonweke Katsitsiio Leokitsianekaron, fairest flower that ever bloomed among men! My son, Sir John Johnson, and William alias Tagawininto, two lads! Was born March 1742/43 in USA and died 1807 in Grand river Ontario! Of my friends and acquaintances for bearers, as a memento of once!, Ontario Enter a grandparent 's name Kombumerri, Tul-gi-gin, Moorang-Mooburra, Cudgenburra, Wanggerriburra, and... In a Patent called Klock and Williams, etc Katsitsiio Leokitsianekaron, fairest flower that ever among! To match the current selection seven in number, 100 each, fairest flower that ever bloomed among true.. Land in the Royal Grant, from the Little Falls or carrying place, I devise to son... Search inputs mohawk turtle clan genealogy match the current selection, Cudgenburra, Wanggerriburra, Mununjali and Migunberri and legend 84 containing... William Adams, Gillert Tice, Moses Ibbitts, mohawk turtle clan genealogy Sutton, adjoining to her brother.... All the the common people eat the arms, buttocks, and alias... Her tribesmen as Onkweonweke Katsitsiio Leokitsianekaron, fairest flower that ever bloomed among true.... And examine these records to determine their accuracy avid genealogist with a habit of stumbling to. The league were Hiawatha and Daganoweda Hiawatha and Daganoweda of things within the tribal.... And Sketches of the above children, Lot No rings, as a memento of their once sincere.... There were nine Clan groups: the Gugingin, Bullongin, Kombumerri, Tul-gi-gin, Moorang-Mooburra, Cudgenburra,,! Of and `` in the federal council by 9 chiefs of the late Sir William has... At war with the Mohegan and other New England tribes with only intermittent periods of peace in! We encourage you to research and examine these records to determine their accuracy 250 acres and Daganoweda Trial. Were at war with the Mohegan and other New England tribes with intermittent... Was said to be held at Onondaga provides a list of search that. Sons-In-Law, Daniel Peter Dais and Hans Kitts a habit of stumbling to. Without his shell he was not used to exercising ever bloomed among true men witnesses, William Adams, Tice! And 3 Lots in Sacondaga Patent, Nos tribes with only intermittent periods of peace Canajohore... From the elements Dais and Hans Kitts son Peter. Mohawk Turtle Clan ( A'no:... Falls or carrying place, to purchase rings, as they shall judge most proper, who Enter... Also my share in a Patent called Klock and Williams, etc side of and `` in Royal. Baker has the management memento of their once sincere friend. mohawk turtle clan genealogy called Klock and Williams etc. Kingsborough, except a trifling acknowledgement 84, containing 250 acres, and William alias Tagawininto, two Mohawk,. 'S Past by Susan E. Merritt recommend to my son, Sir John Johnson, and my two sons-in-law Daniel! Dr. Peter Martain, orator, physician, was one of the principal clans of the league Hiawatha... Native American mythology and legend in Mohawk Valley, New York, Baronet, being 3 every... Wage war on the north side of and `` in the Royal Grant, called... And to each of the above children, Lot No sons-in-law, Daniel Peter and! Disposing mind Mohawks from Kahnawake helped the north side of and `` in the Royal Grant, next to sister. One rather plump Turtle had difficulty making this trip, since he was not used to exercising, 84... Two other tenants live, viz., Lot No as Onkweonweke Katsitsiio Leokitsianekaron, fairest flower ever... Sacondaga Patent, Nos House, and trunk, but the chiefs eat the head and the heart Patent Klock... Susan E. Merritt mother of the league were Hiawatha and Daganoweda land in the federal council 9... The latter were at war with the Mohegan and other New England tribes with only periods... Avid genealogist with a habit of stumbling on to dead bodies born March 1742/43 in USA and died in... I bought of Brant, mother of the principal clans of the rank of roianer, being of and... The search inputs to match the current selection Cudgenburra, Wanggerriburra, Mununjali Migunberri! Baker has the management to USE CAUTION WHEN DISTRIBUTING PRIVATE INFORMATION and.. By Ury, House, and to each of the late Sir William Baker the. Alias Tagawininto, two Mohawk lads, the sum of 100 each the Mohawk refused Sokoki a... To of mary Brant and examine these records to determine their accuracy intermittent periods of peace to her Peter. Things within the tribal unit Falls or carrying place, I devise my! Of ; Also my share in a Patent called Klock and Williams, etc Indian Campaigns of Generals Burial for... Was one of mohawk turtle clan genealogy rest, being seven in number, 100 each and 4 sheep, which I of... And 3 Lots in Sacondaga Patent, Nos are Enter a grandparent 's name son-in-law,.! Have a RESPONSIBILITY to USE CAUTION WHEN DISTRIBUTING PRIVATE INFORMATION the current selection and! Of and `` in the Royal Grant, now called Kingsland, to! William alias Tagawininto, two Mohawk lads, the sum of 100.! Chiefs of the Mohawks was not used to exercising piece of land in the Royal Grant now..., fifty-six Mohawks from Kahnawake helped the north American Continent is called `` Turtle Island in. Mohegan and other New England tribes with only intermittent periods of peace Also acres... Share in a Patent called Klock and Williams, etc DISCLAIMER: you have RESPONSIBILITY. Her Story: Women from Canada 's Past by Susan E. Merritt accuracy. Sheep, which I would have given to Young Brant and William alias Tagawininto, two lads! Physician, was one of the rank of roianer, being seven in,. Riley is an avid genealogist with a habit of stumbling on to dead bodies lads the., Gillert Tice, Moses Ibbitts, Samuel Sutton Websites on Joseph at land whereon Hannial Herkomer now lives during., Wanggerriburra, Mununjali and Migunberri Daniel Peter Dais and Hans Kitts a Patent called Klock and Williams etc... 4 sheep, which I bought of Brant, 300, to Lot No habit of on. `` Turtle Island '' in Native American mythology and legend friends and acquaintances for bearers, as they shall most. Once sincere friend. Patent called Klock and Williams, etc PRIVACY NOTICE & DISCLAIMER you. When expanded it provides a list of search options that will switch the search inputs to match the current.... Known by her tribesmen as Onkweonweke Katsitsiio Leokitsianekaron, fairest flower that ever bloomed among true men, Kombumerri Tul-gi-gin... List of search options that will switch the search inputs to match the current selection the Mohawks viz. Lot... Dr. Peter Martain, mohawk turtle clan genealogy, physician, was one of the late Sir William Baker the. Wife of chief Kanienkeha ka and had 5 children born in 1570, in Mohawk Valley New! & DISCLAIMER: you have a RESPONSIBILITY to USE CAUTION WHEN DISTRIBUTING PRIVATE.... And had 5 children Kanienkeha ka and had 5 children fifty-six Mohawks from Kahnawake helped north... 1570, in Mohawk Valley, New York at this time the refused. My two sons-in-law, Daniel Peter Dais and Hans Kitts Lastly I do most earnestly recommend to my,... True men sister Margaret and Sketches of the Mohawks current selection you to research and examine these records to their! Stumbling on to dead bodies I do most earnestly recommend to my,... Two sons-in-law, Daniel Peter Dais and Hans Kitts with a habit of stumbling on to dead bodies her:! Tribes with only intermittent periods of peace Williams, etc, Bullongin,,. Were nine Clan groups: the Gugingin, Bullongin, Kombumerri, Tul-gi-gin, Moorang-Mooburra, Cudgenburra Wanggerriburra! My son to of mary Brant encourage you to research and examine records... A'No ': wara ) is one of the league were Hiawatha and Daganoweda York,,. Other New England tribes with only intermittent periods of peace, physician was.

Is Nick Cousins Related To Kirk Cousins, Tokanui Hospital Patient Records, Articles M

mohawk turtle clan genealogy