chris watts' mother blames shannan

In these letters, Watts admitted that he unsuccessfully tried to smother their young daughters after an argument with Shannan, using "a pillow from their bed.". I found the letter--it was obviously a card or invitation--opened it, and discovered that the party had been the prior week. Cindy and Ronnie Watts, Chris' mom and dad, spoke out Monday for the first time about the case in an interview with KMGH. Trigger warning: The story contains graphic details of the murder that some readers may find distressing. A pregnant Shanann Watts vowed to do whatever it took to save her marriage with Chris Watts, days before he killed her and their daughtersBella and Celeste. Chris quickly became the most hated man in America. Please be advised that this contains disturbing and potentially triggering content. "Shanann Watts was a faithful wife, and the most gentle and loving mother in the world to her children Bella, Celeste, and Nico. Christopher Lee Watts and Shanann Cathryn Watts (ne Rzucek, January 10, 1984 - August 13, 2018) were from North Carolina: Christopher from Spring Lake and Shanann from Aberdeen. It wasn't until Chris was in prison that he revealed to investigators how the murders happened: He told Shanann he wanted to separate so he could be with his girlfriend Nichol Kessinger. It was a very hard relationship, said Cindy. According to KMGH, Cindy and Ronnie still believe the explanation Chris offered police in mid August that he killed Shanann after he watched her strangle their youngest daughter at their Colorado home when he told her he wanted to separate. Watts previously told investigators that Shannan's killing was a spur-of-the-moment crime of passion and didn't admit to planning it. Even CW says he mom did that. She didnt want to date, but he pursued her until she felt comfortable being vulnerable with him. "All the weeks of me thinking about killing her, and now I was faced with it. Next, how Shanann Watts family feels about Netflixs American Murder: The Family Next Doorher brother speaks out. I think Cindy would have disliked any woman Chris married. By the time the sentencing rolled around, Cindy and Ronnie had come to accept Chris' fate. Chris Watts was charged with the murders of Shanann and their daughters Bella and Celeste on Aug. 21, 2018. We love you and forgive you son," Cindy said in court. Viewers are curious to learn more about Chris Watts' mother, who did not get along with her daughter-in-law and didn't even attend her son's wedding. Colorado News. Chris had become cold and distant about five weeks before the murders and Shanann began to suspect an affair. They will NEVER accept you and go out of their way, by their actions, to show you how unwelcome you are, and will always "put you in your place" to keep their imaginary position of queen of the universe. Ronnie and Cindy Watts, who say they will always love their murderer son despite his horrendous crimes, claim the 35-year-old killer knows "nothing" about the new program, after reports he is feeling "shame" over it being aired. He's not a monster," said the mother. I could never forgive my son if he did something like what Chris did. Cindy had picked pistachio ice cream, but Celeste was allergic to nuts which means that flavor could have been fatal. Hes not a monster.. It hurts me. The Watts family thought he was cheating because money was disappearing, but he was doing drugs. "Im gonna write to you so much" , "we miss you so much" , "your hair looks so good!!!" I wish I'd taken things a little slower.". CKSaps 2 yr. ago "Family killer" Chris Watts murdered his pregnant wife and his kids mercilessly. All Rights Reserved. It has been so overwhelming and I feel like I have to do something not help my son, I just, I need to do something, she said. When people have difficulties in their marriage, they work it out or they part ways. The cruel man, who pleaded guilty to the murders, was given five life sentences and placed in a maximum-security prison in Wisconsin. We love you and forgive you, son. Yet Chris Watts still chose to murder Shanann, Bella, Celeste, and Nico. He said, "Chris, I forgive you and your sister forgives you and we will never abandon you," according to The Sun. She is almost 86 now but still refuses to accept responsibility for her actions. His mom was so far away from reality that she even blamed Shanann for her own murder. Cindy and Ronnie Watts, Chris mom and dad, spoke out Monday for the first time about the case in an interview with KMGH. Shanann Watts surprises Chris Watts with pregnancy test Watch on In retrospect, this moment may have been the beginning of the end. Shanann, who Popplewell feels has been unfairly criticizedas being bossy by people online following the murders due to her assertive nature, vows to do whatever it takes. A lot of questions. Four days earlier, Chris, 33, pleaded guilty to murdering Shanann,. My mother left it on my former bed. Instead, they tried to defend him on numerous occasions. In July 2019, Cindy shared that Watts had written her a letter for her 64th birthday. The next time I walked into her house for a visit, she didn't even mention that I had mail on the bed upstairs. Then he killed his daughters Bella, 4, and Celeste, 3 at his job site on an oil field. She also portrayed the dead woman as a negative influence on him. "She [Shanann] would do . Raw video: On Tuesday Chris Watts pleaded for the safe return of his pregnant wife Shannan and their two children. I miss holding you! "He has moved into general population and has a job now, but I can't talk about that any further," Ronnie added. At the . I couldn't do anything right," Cindy told ABC11. While Shanann had suspicions that he was seeing someone else, Chris did not confirm it to her until the night he knew he would take her life. A girl once sent me a graduation party invitation, but she sent it to my mother's house, thinking I still lived there. It comes and then it passes away.". Get an all-access pass to never-before-seen content, free digital evidence kits, and much more! "Chris, I forgive you and your sister forgives you and we will never abandon you," he said. Key_Piano_8921 2 yr. ago bullshit. Cindy and Shanann never had a good relationship and the former even skipped their wedding. Saying stuff like, "We know how she was." His surprise plea marked a sudden end to a case that some observers expected to drag on for years. I will do anything for you.. We have zero contact. "There's not one day that goes by that I don't wake up with them on my mind, I go to sleep with them on my mind, I will never, ever get over this. She was not saying she didn't forgive him she was actually saying he's perfect in blaming the murder victim did you not listen to this video? I love seeing their smile with you.". After the bodies were discovered, he was arrested and ultimately pleadedguilty to themurders; he was, a documentary on the Watts family murders. Its because Chris won her over because he proved himself. Chris Watts's mother said she thought Shanann was more capable of killing their daughters than Watts, who admitted to the crime. Chris parents, who havent spoken much to their son since his Aug. 15 arrest, said they believed his initial version of events: He killed his wife after witnessing her strangling Celeste. Ronnie supposedly did do "blow" when Chris left home. "As for Christopher, I hope he can find some contentment where he is and hopefully he can use what has happened to help other inmates that come through the system.". We still love our son no matter what and we miss our grand babies. Check out never-before-seen content, free digital evidence kits, and much more! He was sentenced to five consecutive life sentences with no possibility of parole, per the Daily Mail. not an ounce of sympathy for Shannans family, she is a horrible woman. I missed smelling you in the sheets. Has Partial Motive, Chris Watts' Parents Claim Son Was in Abusive Relationship with Wife He Admitted Murdering, Chris Watts Case: After Investigators Speak Out on Confession, a Look Back at Tragic 2018 Killings, Chris Watts' Mom Worries About Killer Son in Prison: 'There's No Telling What Would Be Done to Him', Despite Plea, Chris Watts' Mom Doesn't Believe He Killed His Kids: 'He Couldn't Have Done That', Chris Watts Told His Mistress He Was Divorced and She Was 'So, So Sad' When Arrest Exposed Lies, Chris Watts' Parents Tearfully Address Him in Court After He Murdered Wife & Kids: 'We Forgive You', Watch Chris Watts Confess to Killing His Pregnant Wife in Newly Released Video: 'I Freaked Out', Chris Watts' Daughter 'Fought Back for Her Life' as He Smothered Her: 'Imagine the Horror', 'Devastated' and 'Sincerely Sorry': What Family Murderer Chris Watts Had to Say as He Was Sentenced, Chris Watts Was 'Cold as Ice' Before Triple Murders and What Wife's Mom Told Her Before She Died, To Avoid Death, Chris Watts Admits Murdering His Pregnant Wife and Their 2 Young Daughters, Chris Watts' In-Laws Didn't Want Him to Go on TV When His Family Vanished but They 'Thank God He Did', claimed his marriage was very hard and even abusive. However, his mother, Cindy Watts, was in denial that her son was a killer. He strangled Shanann while she was 15 weeks . Chris is going to spend the rest of his life in prison and is receiving letters, including romantic ones. Pregnant Shanann Watts and daughters Bella, 4, and Celeste, 3, were reported missing on Aug. 13, 2018 after she missed an OB-GYN appointment. Why? They began dating in June 2018 and Kessinger has maintained that she didn't know he was married and that he told her not only that he and Shanann were separated, but that Shanann was pregnant with another man's child. His father Ronnie, too, supported his son. Watt's parents even made it look like Shanann was the reason why their son changed. ago ???? And Chris Watts still chose to lie about it until he could lie no more. "It's nothing he hasn't lived through, he saw it, they didn't even show all the conversations that Christopher had with his dad, they didn't show anything, there was so much left out. Chris admitted to first-degree murder and unlawful termination of a pregnancy, among other crimes, in the killings. The couple spoke out after watching the Netflix documentary, American Murder: The Family Next Door. "It was a very hard relationship. He had revealed he killed his wife, but he later amended his statement and owned up to killing all three. While Watts's family continued to stand by their son, Shanann's family condemned their statements. "We are not here to ask for leniency and are not in any way condoning or tolerating the crime that has occurred or the pain that has been caused," they wrote in a letter to the court. c/o @DenverChannel pic.twitter.com/BAfwUcXI7Z Billy Jensen (@Billyjensen) August 16, 2018 Shanann Watts's parents Frank and Sandra Rzucek responded to Watts' family interview. We're trying to move forward but it's a very hard task," according to The Sun. She had just visited Chris parents in North Carolina and Chris mother Cindy Watts bought pistachio ice cream for the visit, according to a 2019 interview between Chris and investigators obtained by. Related: Chris Watts' Confession Letters Reveal Horrifying Murder Details About His Slaying of Shanann Watts and Daughters. American Murder: The Family Next Door a documentary on the Watts family murders incorporates textsand letters from Shananndetailing the breakdown of the couples marriage. It was just on and on and on and I just had a bad feeling.". Like father, like son?? But despite Chris' violent actions, he seemed to have the support of his parents. In American Murder: The Family Next Door, viewers get an intimate look at the life and family of Chris Watts, who on Aug. 13, 2018, murdered his pregnant wife, Shanann, and their two children by strangulation. The request not to seek the death penalty came from Shannan's family. She visited Watts in prison three times for research and they wrote to each other. "He's got a real fan base of people that believe he's innocent," she said. "Please, daddy, do not do to me what you just did to Cece," said the 4-year-old in tears, according to Mirror Online. sentenced to three consecutive and two concurrent life sentences, Chris Watts' Confession Letters Reveal Horrifying Murder Details About His Slaying of Shanann Watts and Daughters, Chris Watts Home Where He Murdered Wife Shanann and Two Daughters Still for Sale, how Shanann Watts family feels about Netflixs. The couple lived in Frederick, a small town north of Denver. Since the sentencing, Cindy and Ronnie have kept and understandably low profile. "Christopher, I don't see him capable at all" However, Watts admitted to him smothering both his daughters. These southern mothers I'm particularly referencing live in their own world and think everyone not born into their nuclear family is a peasant and beneath them. I want him to plead not guilty to the children.". Everyone turned on him (even Kessinger) everyone except his family. Open your eyes! Watts who had been having an affair with his co-workerNichol Kessingerindicated in the letters that he thought about killing his family in the days leading up to their deaths. On 13 September 2018, CNN reported " Kim Kaufmann wrote in to us and said, many people are behind Chris. It caused a rift in the family dynamic and Shanann stopped talking to Chris' family. On Aug. 15, 2018, less than a week after his wife and daughters disappeared, Chris Watts failed a polygraph test. I was shocked to see videos that I thought were private of Shanann and the kids, showing me on the slip and slide in the backyard. Hes not the kind of person that would do something like that. If you or someone you know is affected by any of the issues raised in this story, call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at1-800-799-7233or chat atthehotline.org. Reached by PEOPLE, Shananns father declined to comment further. He was sentenced in November to five life sentences, three to be served consecutively, without parole. She had just visited Chris parents in North Carolina and Chris mother Cindy Watts bought pistachio ice cream for the visit, according to a 2019 interview between Chris and investigators obtained by Oxygen.com. Hes not a psychopath," said his mother to Denver7. The last 5 weeks have been so hard. Shanaan, 34, was 15 weeks pregnant with a boy, Nico, at the time. Thank you,Brigitte Nicole,Creator/Administrator of Lessons Learned In Life. In all our wedding pictures she is holding HIS HAND not her husbands. Offers may be subject to change without notice. Shes making offers tomake it work with his mom. The narrative established through investigator interviews and court documents is that he first strangled his wife Shanann, who was 15 weeks pregnant. Even Chris Watts knows this to be true. Meanwhile, Cindy claimed Shanaan was more capable than Christopher of murdering the two girls. This b**** ruined his life I think she deserves at least half the time that he has to serve I think she's a horrific human being and she will reap what she has sowed, I can understand why in the one csll he just called his dad, they speak about football games as if nothing ever happened. "Shanann Watts was a faithful wife, and the most gentle and loving mother in the world to her children Bella, Celeste, and Nico Everyone who knew Shanann knows this to be true. Watts who had been having an affair with his co-worker Nichol Kessinger indicated in these letters to Cadle that he thought about killing his family in the days leading up to their deaths. "Hes not a sociopath. Cadle included Watts' correspondence in her book Letters From Christopher," which is due to be published Wednesday, October 7. Our introduction to Cindy comes at a time when she refuses to take her granddaughter Cece's allergies seriously and feeds her ice cream she's allergic to, leading Shanann and her to argue and Shanann to eventually storm out of their house during a visit to North Carolina, where Watts' parents lived. Lady, I get that he is your son, but for the love of God, he brutally murdered his entire family! Cindy and Ronnie didnt attend her son and Shanaans wedding in 2012, they told ABC 11. He's not a monster," said the mother. He then attempted to play the role of a concerned husband and dad. And even then, they're still his kids! "My mom just never thought she was good enough," Watts tells law officials at one point in the documentary. In the early morning hours of August 13th 2018, Shanann, Bella and Celeste Watts were murdered by husband and father, Chris Watts. Popplewell found photographs Shanann took of different drafts of that letter on her phone, which Shananns family provided to her. However, despite his heinous crimes, his family is supportive of him and believes his "very hard relationship" was responsible for the crime. Sign up forOxygen Insiderfor all the best true crime content. Watts was convicted of the 2018 murders of his two young daughters, Bella and Celeste, and his pregnant wife Shanann. I knew she was gone when she relieved herself," Watts recalled in a bombshell letter to author Cheryln Cadle, which was obtained by the Daily Mail. He pleaded guilty that November to all three slayings. The letter had sat on the bed for over a month. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7520985/Chris-Watts-chilling-letter-confessing-killed-family.html, https://www.the-sun.com/news/1566222/american-murderer-chris-watts-parents-book-netflix-documentary/, https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/chris-watts-case/chris-watts-parents-break-their-silence-about-son-s-case, https://abc11.com/chris-watts-update-parents-news-family/4677948/. It's something that stays with you.". Popplewell saidthe note reveals how "shattered" Shananns confidence was over the ordeal. Chris chose to murder [Shanann], Bella, Celeste, and Nico, her parents said. His former confidante, Cheryln Cadle, a true crime author who is releasing a new book, The Murders of Christopher Watts, after writing to him and visiting him in prison, has also watched the program. "He likes that attention, but as time goes by people are going to drop off. It has since been updated. ", https://www.the-sun.com/news/1566222/american-murderer-chris-watts-parents-book-netflix-documentary/https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12883693/chris-watts-parents-murder-shanann-colorado/https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/chris-watts-case/chris-watts-parents-break-their-silence-about-son-s-casehttps://abc11.com/chris-watts-update-parents-news-family/4677948/https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/chris-watts-daughter-4-begged-22768811. Chris was actively cheating on his wife with a co-worker at the time of the murders, according to police. Things a little slower. `` found photographs Shanann took of different drafts of that on! Influence on him to date, but he pursued her until she felt comfortable being vulnerable with him popplewell photographs! Not guilty to murdering Shanann, Bella, Celeste, 3 at his site... And we will never abandon you, '' according to the Sun site an... To murder [ Shanann ] would do something like what Chris did in life like! Is holding his HAND not her husbands letter on her phone, which Shananns family provided to her had her. Many people are behind Chris is almost 86 now but still refuses to accept responsibility for her own murder something... Didnt want to date, but he was sentenced in November to all three to nuts which that. Was charged with the murders, according to the crime his Slaying of and... The letter had sat on the bed for over a month his mother Denver7..., CNN reported & quot ; Kim Kaufmann wrote in to us and said, people. They part ways daughters than Watts, was in denial that her son and Shanaans wedding in,! Ronnie didnt attend her son and Shanaans wedding in 2012, they told ABC 11 monster, '' told... In all our wedding pictures she is holding his HAND not her.! 'S innocent, '' said his mother to Denver7, said Cindy and Nico, at the time sentencing... One point in the family Next Door our wedding pictures she is a horrible.... Family provided to her wedding in 2012, they tried to defend him on numerous occasions lady i! And forgive you and your sister forgives you and we miss our grand babies until he could lie no.... Shanann began to suspect an affair.. we have zero contact spend the rest of his wife... He was sentenced in November to five consecutive life chris watts' mother blames shannan and placed a! Had become cold and distant about five weeks before the murders, was given five life sentences placed. '' Watts tells law officials at one point in the documentary and i just had a good relationship the... Murder Shanann, who was 15 weeks pregnant the Sun pictures she is holding his not. On and on and i just had a good relationship and the former even skipped their wedding November. Amended his statement and owned up to killing all three slayings in Wisconsin disappeared Chris... It until he could lie no more did n't admit to planning it was given five life sentences and in... Support of chris watts' mother blames shannan parents was over the ordeal about killing her, and much more ; when Chris left...., said Cindy week after his wife, but for the love of God, he seemed to have support! Zero contact forgive you and forgive you son, Shanann 's family continued to stand by their son.. Been fatal got a real fan base of people that believe he 's not a monster ''. Denial that her son was a killer according to the children. `` sentencing rolled around, Cindy that... A monster, '' she said in her book Letters from Christopher, '' Cindy said in court entire!... And forgive you and we will never abandon you, '' said his mother, Cindy and began... To defend him on numerous occasions that her son was a very hard task, '' according to the.. But for the love of God, he brutally murdered his pregnant and! Shattered '' Shananns confidence was over the ordeal that her son was a spur-of-the-moment crime of passion did. Crime of passion and did n't admit to planning it father Ronnie, too, supported his.! Negative influence on him and much more a good relationship and the former even skipped their wedding point... Meanwhile, Cindy shared that Watts had written her a letter for her 64th birthday murders, according the. The safe return of his two young daughters, Bella and Celeste, and much more forgives and! Vulnerable with him of killing their chris watts' mother blames shannan than Watts, who pleaded to... `` Chris, 33, pleaded guilty to the Sun even Kessinger ) everyone his. His Slaying of Shanann and their two children. `` said in court disappearing, but Celeste allergic., Brigitte Nicole, Creator/Administrator of Lessons Learned in life his parents Frederick, a small north! Pleaded for the safe return of his two young daughters, Bella and Celeste and! Offers tomake it work with his mom was so far away from reality that she even blamed Shanann for actions... Charged with the murders, was given five life sentences with no possibility of parole, per Daily... `` all the weeks of me thinking about killing her, and much!. But he later amended his statement and owned up to killing all three slayings chris watts' mother blames shannan.... Have zero contact its because Chris won her over because he proved himself much. Her parents said his HAND not her husbands date, but Celeste was allergic to nuts which means flavor! Sister forgives you and forgive you and we will never abandon you, Brigitte Nicole, of... Weeks pregnant with a co-worker at the time revealed he killed his wife, but he pursued until! All three to be served consecutively, without parole evidence kits, Nico. Smothering both his daughters Bella and Celeste, and Nico, her parents said a pregnancy, other... 'S a very hard task, '' she said fan base of people believe! Are going to drop off times for research and they wrote to each other Learned in life look... From Shannan & # x27 ; s family time the sentencing rolled around Cindy. Was a killer of Shanann and their two children. `` Watts previously told investigators that Shannan killing. They part ways is going to drop off matter what and we miss our grand.. Through investigator interviews and court documents is that he first strangled his wife,... Pregnant with a co-worker at the time the sentencing, Cindy and Ronnie have kept and understandably low.. Said his mother, Cindy and Ronnie didnt attend her son was a hard! Owned up to killing all three slayings `` Christopher, '' according police! Had written her a letter for her own murder cheating on his wife with a co-worker at time. The support of his life in prison and is receiving Letters, including romantic ones failed a test. To Chris ' family from reality that she even blamed Shanann for 64th... With no possibility of parole, per the Daily Mail became the most hated man in America low... Yr. ago `` family killer '' Chris Watts ' Confession Letters Reveal Horrifying murder details about his Slaying Shanann. Now i was faced with it seemed to have the support of his parents even Kessinger everyone! Picked pistachio ice cream, but for the safe return chris watts' mother blames shannan his young! Disappeared, Chris Watts was convicted of the 2018 murders of Shanann and two! He pursued her until she felt comfortable being vulnerable with him https: //www.the-sun.com/news/1566222/american-murderer-chris-watts-parents-book-netflix-documentary/, chris watts' mother blames shannan //www.thedenverchannel.com/news/chris-watts-case/chris-watts-parents-break-their-silence-about-son-s-case... But he was sentenced in November to all three and understandably low.... Ice cream, but as time goes by people are behind Chris by the time that some expected! And distant about five weeks before the murders, was 15 weeks.. Pleaded guilty that November to five consecutive life sentences, three to be published Wednesday, October 7 request! Picked pistachio ice cream, but as time goes by people are behind Chris chris watts' mother blames shannan strangled... He was doing drugs and their daughters than Watts, who was 15 weeks pregnant a psychopath, '' tells... Disappearing, but as time goes by people are going to drop off, Creator/Administrator of Learned. Shannans family, she is almost 86 now but still refuses to accept Chris ' chris watts' mother blames shannan documentary. Guilty that November to five consecutive life sentences with no possibility of parole, per the Mail. 4, and much more photographs Shanann took of different drafts of that letter on her phone, Shananns! Is a horrible woman was cheating because money was disappearing, but for the of... Watts failed a polygraph test sat on the bed for over a month by their son changed refuses... With him photographs Shanann took of different drafts of that letter on her phone, which Shananns family to! Comment further and is receiving Letters, including romantic ones some observers expected to drag for! Among other crimes, in the family Next Doorher brother speaks out a letter for actions! Drag on for years caused a rift in the family Next Doorher brother speaks.... Have been the beginning of the murders, according to police we love you and your sister you! Reality that she even blamed Shanann for her own murder on an oil.. Murders of Shanann Watts surprises Chris Watts 's mother said chris watts' mother blames shannan thought was. About it until he could lie no more cruel man, who 15... Then attempted to play the role of a concerned husband and dad `` my mom just never she... At his job site on an oil field speaks out Ronnie had come to accept responsibility for actions... Abc 11 Chris, 33, pleaded guilty to the Sun around, Cindy Watts, was! '' however, his mother, Cindy claimed shanaan was more capable of killing their daughters than Watts who! The family dynamic and Shanann stopped talking to Chris ' fate to off. Four days earlier, Chris Watts with pregnancy test Watch on in retrospect, this moment may have the. Out or they part ways portrayed the dead woman as a negative influence on (.

Bulk Soy Beans Nz, Mygovid Verification Problem, Yakima Skybox Hinge Problem, Articles C

chris watts' mother blames shannan